Green Earth Employment
Employer Mission Statement
At Green Earth, we take pride in conducting our daily business committed to celebrating our world. We strive to create a unique retail environment, where we do more for our customers, staff, suppliers and the cities in which we operate our businesses and appreciate their vital role in our success. We do everything to satisfy our customers. Service excellence is not only measured by our customer's smiles, but more importantly by repeat business.
At Green Earth, we understand that our staff is the lifeblood of our organization. Our continued success is based on our commitment to attract, hire, retain and motivate exceptional people. Service levels often form a customer's first opinion of our business. It is vital that each member of our team be professional, love working with people and ensure that they give every customer a reason to return. Each member of our team comes from various backgrounds, but all have one common goal - to exceed customer service expectations. They must understand the needs of their customers, and the needs of their store. Our team thrives in a retail environment. They understand that the nature of retail business involves working nights and weekends. Their energy and enthusiasm is essential in creating an environment where customers want to shop.
The Green Earth management team is primarily responsible for ensuring service excellence at all times, driving sales and creating an enthusiastic and positive work environment. By recruiting, hiring, training and maintaining a motivated productive team, our managers are able to exceed customer and company expectations through superior customer service, inventory selection and presentation. Green Earth has many exciting and challenging career opportunities for smart, energetic people who love our products and what we do.
If you would like to apply to Green Earth please take a look at some of the positions we have available.
Kitchener: Fairview Park Mall
Brampton: Bramalea City Centre
This job description is not meant to be an all inclusive list of duties and responsibilities, but constitutes a general definition of the position’s scope and function within the company.
General Position Summary
As a Green Earth Store Manager you need to have the skills to manage the crucial elements that make our stores successful and a great place to work. You will effectively drive the sales and profitability of your store through multiple initiatives that will require your business acumen, creativity, leadership ability and expert understanding of the local market. As customer service is always our top priority, you will lead your entire team in getting to know your customers and what you can do to meet and exceed their expectations. Equally important is coaching and development; you will ensure every associate understands the part they play in your store's success. If you can create a fun, inspired environment that will bring new customers in the door and keep the current ones coming back, then we want to hear from you.
You will be the key participant in driving store initiatives that contribute to long terms goals and excellence in store. In this hands-on role, you will be responsible for all aspects of the store’s operations. Customer service, sales budgets, expense management, recruitment, training and development, scheduling, cash management, merchandising, and stock management are just a few key areas you will oversee.
- Attain or exceed sales targets.
- Be a brand ambassador and train your staff to view the business through the eye of the consumer.
- Use your initiative and experience to organize and execute store objectives and priorities by leading and motivating your team.
- Exemplify and lead staff to deliver a superior customer service experience each and every day.
- Embrace challenges and ambiguity as learning opportunities to develop the staff.
- Drive change and influence the adoption of new ideas by providing ongoing direction.
- Recruit, train, develop and retain a highly engaged and customer focused team.
- Exhibit exceptional interpersonal skills building relationships and interacting with all levels of the Green Earth organization.
- Assess and address deficiencies in the level of customer service, inventory flow and overall cleanliness of the store.
- Exercise discretion and independent judgment in all decision making.
- Communicate with your District Manager and the Merchant team to review product needs, concerns and opportunities.
- Maintain positive open lines of communication with all Green Earth management, staff and other departments in order to contribute to the smooth flow of information and efficient operation of the organization.
- Maintain work area in a safe condition and make sure all employees perform duties according to safest methods.
- Perform other related duties and special projects as assigned by management.
Job involves a moderate degree of complexity in performing both recurring and unique work situations. Procedures are fairly well established in most areas. Work often requires independent thought, creativity, and innovation that may occasionally require performing duties beyond any established guidelines. The incumbent will receive guidance from the senior management team during project formulation, but works independently. Work is generally checked by results. Decisions are made within prescribed company policy guidelines and constraints. Errors in judgment may result in significant losses of sales in our retail centers, increased expense offsets, and reduced customer service levels.
Incumbent will manage and supervise a team of between 6 and 18 people depending on the season.
Contacts occur with others both inside and outside the company. Primary external contacts are our retail customers. Internal contacts vary from store level to Head Office support and admin teams to the Company’s Leadership Team. Interactions will include information exchanges, negotiations, problem solving, troubleshooting, and training. Contacts frequently involve confidential and/or sensitive information. Incumbent makes contacts on own initiative either by face-to face, written documentation, phone, or email.
Specific Job Skills
- At least 2 years’ experience in a retail store management role
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and a collaborative work style
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Superior listening skills
- Ability to excel in a fast paced environment
- Open to direction and commitment to get the job done
- Ability to challenge and debate issues of importance to the business
- Ability to look at situations from multiple points of view
- Excellent analytical skills.
This position requires a candidate who has the ability to draw on a number of known options to solve problems and develop improvements. The ability to express ideas clearly in written and oral communications, strong organizational skills, a detail-oriented critical eye for quality and accuracy are a must.
Requires a well-developed ability to read, write, speak and understand English. Possess the ability to effectively manage competing projects/problems. Possess ability to deal effectively with work and time pressure in the efficient and effective accomplishment of job requirements. Must be able to troubleshoot and solve problems of an unusual, possibly complex, nature. Must be able to make decisions and operate independently with discretion.
Education and/or Experience
The ideal candidate will have post-secondary education, with at least two years of retail store management experience.
Job requires hours that often exceed 8 hours per day and 40 hours per week especially during peak periods. Evenings and weekend work is an integral part of the position. – especially during peak selling seasons. Job pressure exists in the balancing of a wide variety of projects with conflicting deadlines, managing personal time to ensure timely completion of projects. Job is normally performed on a retail floor environment (90%) with minimal office time (10%). Medium lifting (up to 40lbs) may be required. Position requires extensive periods of walking and standing on the retail floor.
Kitchener: Fairview Park Mall
Mississauga: Erin Mills Mall
Green Earth is always searching for the right individual interested in joining the Green EarthTeam!
We are looking for a Dynamic, Enthusiastic, "People Person".
Position requirements include:
- Ability to Effectively Merchandise the Store with a Varying Hard Goods Product Line
- Proven Experience with Retail Sales and Processing Transactions
- Excellent Spoken Communication Skills
- Store Opening and Closing Experience
- Leadership Skills
- A Desire to Excel At Customer Service
- Familiarity with Retail POS Systems will prove an asset